Air Conditioning Tips
Air conditioning accounts for a significant portion of the annual electric bill. Here are some tips to start controlling your business’s energy consumption.
1. Keep the thermostat at 78° with the fan switch on “auto.”
2. Cool your business only while someone is there. A programmable thermostat can do this automatically.
3. Turn ceiling fans off when no one is in the room. Ceiling fans do not actually cool a room. They just make you feel cooler.
4. Clean or change your A/C filter once a month.
5. Maintain proper air flow through your system.
6. Keep sunlight out during summer months.
7. Check your duct system for leaks and clogs.
8. Consider buying a new A/C system. The older your A/C system is, the less efficient it is.