You wouldn’t drive your car without changing the oil. The same logic holds true for your ac system. Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and peak performance all year long. Pre-summer maintenance is also important in Florida.
It can help to avoid a system failure in peak summer months when you need it most, and it can also keep your energy bill from getting out of control too.
HVAC Preventative Maintenance Tips
Below you’ll find HVAC preventative maintenance tips to keep your home in constant comfort.
- For a system that heats and cools: perform maintenance in the spring and fall
- For cooling system maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the cooling season
HVAC Preventative Maintenance Checklist
Dales Air Conditioning provide priority service for their customers who have an annual maintenance or service agreement. Bi-annual preventative maintenance will ensure that your system runs as efficiently as possible.
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet—clean as needed
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Clean or replace air filters
- Listen for abnormal noises
- Check and vacuum drain line
- Check for proper refrigerant levels
Need Help? Talk to An Expert!
Our goal is to help educate our HVAC customers in the Port Charlotte and Charlotte County, Florida area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC, Heating and Air Conditioning systems).
If you are contemplating having your air conditioning repaired, Contact Dales Heating and Air Conditioning by calling (941) 629-1712 or by filling out our secure Contact Form.